Carpet is an incredibly popular flooring option. Available in a wide array of different styles, materials, colors, patterns, and textures, it’s a great flooring option for homeowners who are looking for a flooring solution that is both stylish and comfortable.
Understanding Your Options.
Looking for durable carpeting that’s suitable for a busy household, or want something that is plush and luxurious? As your Twin Cities local carpet store & flooring experts, we can help you find the perfect fit. There are many different types of carpet available, so you’re sure to find something suited to your style, needs, and budget.
- Style. While there are many different types of carpet, there are actually only two styles. However, these two styles can be combined in a variety of ways to create a seemingly endless array of patterns and textures.
- Loop Pile carpeting consists of loops of material that are connected into the carpet backing to form a continuous loop.
- Cut Pile carpeting consists of loops of material that are cut along the top.
- Fiber. The material that your carpet is made from is known as fiber. You can choose from either natural or manmade carpeting. The type of fiber will determine a carpet’s durability, stain resistance, comfort, texture, and more.
- Nylon. Nylon carpet is often treated for superior stain resistance. It is also incredibly durable and fade resistant, making it a great option for high traffic areas of your home.
- Triexta. Like nylon, triexta is remarkably stain resistant and easy to clean. The fibers have a subtle matte finish and are very resilient. Despite its durability, triexta is also very soft and comfortable.
- Polyester. Polyester carpeting, sometimes referred to as PET, is soft and can be found in a wide array of different colors. It resists staining and fading, and is suitable for low to medium traffic areas of your home.
- Wool. Wool carpeting is very luxurious, and is naturally hypoallergenic and very durable. However, it is highly absorbent so it may not be an ideal choice for dining rooms or children’s rooms where spills are more likely to occur.
Things to Consider When Choosing Your New Carpet.
There are many different styles of carpet, and the differences go well beyond color and appearance. Before you choose new carpet for your home, you should spend some time thinking about what sort of performance you hope to get out of your flooring. Knowing your expectations will make it easier for our team to match you with the right solution.
To find the perfect carpet for your home, you’ll want to consider:
- How Will You Be Using the Room? One of the most important things to keep in mind when choosing new carpet is how you plan on using the room after it has been installed.
- Will there be heavy traffic through this area of the home? You may want to opt for durable carpeting that can withstand heavier use.
- In family spaces where children may spend a lot of time playing on the floor, you should opt for carpeting that is durable, stain resistant, but also comfortable.
- Does the Room Allow for Direct Access to the Outdoors? If your room connects to your outdoor space, such as through a patio door, you’ll want to keep that in mind when selecting your new carpet. Durable, stain-resistant materials are a great option in areas where dirt and debris from the outdoors may be tracked into the home.
- How Big is the Room, and How Bright is the Lighting? The size of your room will impact more than just the cost of your carpet installation. For smaller rooms, or areas without much natural lighting, you may want to choose a lighter color of carpeting to make the room feel larger. In large rooms, deeper colors can make the space feel more inviting.
Find the Perfect Carpet for Your Home.
Not sure what style of carpet is right for your needs? Our team is here to help. We will explain your various options and help you choose the type of carpet that is best suited for your needs. Once you’ve chosen your new carpet, the installation process is quick, simple, and convenient. Contact us today to get started!