Pet owners understand that the family pet is as important as any other family member. To animal lovers, the idea of life without a beloved pet’s happy tail wags and snuggles are unheard of. Unfortunately, pets don’t understand the importance of protecting floors and furnishings, and they can end up causing serious damage to beautiful floors over time. The best solution for pet owners is to find a compromise by installing durable flooring solutions that stand up to active pets without sacrificing style.
The floor refinishing experts at Brenner Floors in Minneapolis offer a wide range of flooring solutions for your Minnesota home, so you and your pets will be happy for years to come. In this blog entry, we’ll discuss the most pet-friendly flooring solutions for your cats, dogs, and other furry pals, so you can focus on the important things, like long walks in the dog park.
Pets and Your Floor
Whether your family pet is a pug, a tabby, a turtle, or a parrot, most pet owners see their animal friends as an important and valued family member. Unfortunately, pet owners often believe they have to sacrifice the beauty of many elegant home trends because pets can end up causing damage over time. A flooring solution can be incredibly stunning, but they can also become dull, scratched, and stained by our animal friends.
However, just because one type of floor isn’t the best option for pet lovers doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the beauty of an elegant floor. There are quite a few attractive flooring solutions available that have the durability and performance to stand up to years of happy claws running across them to be let outside.
Flooring solutions that aren’t the best option for pet owners:
● Hardwood floors - Hardwood is a higher-maintenance flooring option that isn’t the best fit for pet claws, which can scratch and dull its surface more rapidly than normal wear and tear.
● Carpet - While your pets will love snuggling on the warmth and comfort of cozy carpet fiber, carpet can end up like a net for pet hair and dander.
Pet-Friendly Flooring Solutions
The good news is that if you love the look of hardwood floors, you can still get that look with a much higher level of durability. We also offer a number of other great floors that are ideal for families with pets.
These are the top solutions for pet owners:
● Laminate floors - Although laminate can be a bit slippery for pets who like to run across them, textured laminate floors can offer your pet a little traction. Easily cleaned and resistant to stains, laminate floors offer the chic look of real wood with a much higher level of durability.
● Tile floors - Tile flooring has been making a bit of a comeback in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. Although tile can be a bit colder for pets who like to lie directly on the floor, it’s very easy to clean and maintain, highly resistant to scratches, and spill-resistant.
● Luxury vinyl floors - Vinyl floors work well with larger dogs because they’re much quieter when pets run across the floor. They’re also easy to clean and available in a number of looks, which includes realistic stone or even hardwood.
Minneapolis Flooring Installers for Twin Cities Pet Owners
Whether you’re a cat family or a dog family, your pets fill your life with love and joy and ask little in return. That’s why it’s important to give your pets a floor they’ll love to race across without compromising your home’s look or value.
At Brenner Floors, our professional flooring installers can help you assess your household needs and decide on a solution that works best for your home and family. To speak with one of our team members about the floor that’s right for you, contact us online or call us at 763-595-9151. Visit our online gallery for examples of our past work and then give us a call!